2022S2 Start of Term Checklist
In preparation for 2022S2, please have a look through this checklist to confirm that your courses are ready for July.
- Check to see if you have a Canvas site set up for all your Summer courses:
- If you would like to copy content from a previous course to a Summer 2022 course site, Contact Arts ISIT and let us know which course(s) or material(s) need to be copied over.
- If you have two separate sites that need to be merged (e.g., cross-listed courses or several sections of the same course):
- Contact Arts ISIT and let us know which courses need to be merged/cross-listed.
- It is best to merge courses before setting up Library Online Course Reserves (LOCR). If LOCR has already been requested for the original courses, resubmit your LOCR request with the newly merged course(s). For assistance, visit the Using Course Reserves page.
- If you plan to remotely offer some of your lessons, we recommend having a UBC registered Zoom account. This request may be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our Zoom page for more information and best practices for online classrooms.
- If you have TA(s) that need access to your course(s):
- Once your department timetable representative (T-Rep) has entered your TA(s) into the SIS system, they will automatically have access by July 4, 2022.
- Note: TA(s) cannot be added to courses before their appointment start date.
- Check to see if your TA(s) already have access to your Canvas Site:
- Go the People tab in your Course Navigation menu. If you do not see your TA(s) listed after July 4, please contact your T-Rep.
- To help your TAs get ready to support your classes, encourage them to self-enrol on the Arts Teaching Assistant Training site in Canvas.
- Ensure your course is ready for the term with this course checklist:
- Assignments, Quizzes and Discussions have the correct availability and due dates.
- Modules and content pages have been published (made visible to students).
- By default, grades are released automatically so set the Grade Posting Policy to Manually Post Grades to ensure grading activity is hidden from students.
- Publish your Canvas course so that students can access it on Monday, July 4.
- For additional support with teaching and learning technologies:
- Visit the Arts ISIT website for tools and technology guides and pedagogical resources.
Please stay in touch through our virtual drop-in, email, or in-person: Contact Us.
The Arts Learning Centre team.