Canvas Surveys allows you to collect feedback from students or give them assignment completion points, all within the Canvas platform.
Canvas Surveys is an internal learning management system tool that can be used to create and conduct various types of surveys. It is an simpler alternative to Qualtrics and is integrated in Canvas Learning tools, allowing for easy access and organization of data directly within Canvas.
Canvas Surveys allows instructors to create surveys to ask simple questions or give out bonus points. It can be used for receiving feedback from the students or gathering information about their preferences.
Create Your Survey
Go to “Quizzes” and Create your Survey.
Students will answer the survey questions as they do on Qualtrics or Canvas Quizzes.
Track student participation through “Moderate This Survey”.
View student submissions via SpeedGrader or “Show Student Survey Results”.
- Simple and easy to access alternative to Qualtrics.
- Integrated with Canvas Gradebook and Course Navigation.
- Students can take Surveys on their mobile devices through the Canvas Mobile App.
- Graded Surveys are included in Assignments, Notifications, and Student To-Do list.
- Allows for anonymous feedback from students.
- Cannot monitor participation in Ungraded Surveys.
- File upload questions cannot preserve anonymity (the downloaded file will have the student’s name on it).
- Survey answer data cannot be exported in other different formats, such as tsv, xml, spss, etc.
- Visualization of data unavailable (bar graph, pie chart, table, etc.).
- Use Graded Surveys to give more incentive for students to complete the survey. Use Ungraded if the survey is optional.
- Canvas Surveys can be used to gather student feedback on peer presentations or group work.
- Each Canvas Survey allows instructors to message students who have not taken the survey to remind them.
- Use an anonymous survey for an unofficial or midterm course evaluation.
|Drop by the Arts Learning Centre for a chat in Buchanan C105A|
|Contact ArtsISIT email@example.com for assistance or a demonstration!|
|Ask us a question by filling out the form below.|