Parent Page(s): Video Production
Record, annotate, and edit videos in an all-in-one iPad app.
TouchCast Studio is an iPad app that allows users to record videos and annotate them directly from their iPad. The app has plenty of basic editing features, including TouchCast’s “vApps”, which can be used to insert webpages, polls, maps, and more into your video. Free and paid versions of the app are available for download on the App Store.
Software Features (Free Version)
- Capture video and audio recordings of yourself and your screen.
- If you have a green screen, you can use one of TouchCast’s green screen backgrounds.
- Use “vApps” to insert webpages or maps you can interact with while recording.
- Use the whiteboard feature to draw while recording.
- Prepare and use several whiteboards while recording.
- Trim or duplicate your clips and rearrange them in the order you like.
- Insert fades for transitions between video clips.
- Add annotations to your videos, such as arrows, drawings, frames, and text boxes.
- Add a visual filter or watermark to your video projects.
- Import soundtracks to add to your videos.
- Create polls in your video project to increase viewer interaction.
- Save videos to the iPad’s camera roll.
- Upload videos to TouchCast Fabric, or upload directly to Facebook and YouTube (Note: Facebook and YouTube uploads will not maintain interactive features).
Software Features (Paid Version)
The paid version of TouchCast ($29 USD per month) has these additional features and benefits:
- Access to TouchCast Stock, a royalty-free library of over 300,000 images, videos, and audio files.
- The teleprompter feature, which allows you to read a script in the app while recording your TouchCast.
- 200 GB of storage on TouchCast Fabric.
- No watermark.
- Touchcast’s vApps integration creates a better user interface for inserting webpages, media, or maps.
- Ability to insert polling and make videos more interactive.
- Compatible with green screen recordings and provides several background options.
- TouchCast cannot edit audio.